Test Day for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/AnacondaWebUIforFedoraWorkstation (particularly Cockpit custom storage) #764
Labels
No labels
agile
anacondawebui
arm
blockerfe
Closed As
Duplicate
Closed As
Fixed
Closed As
Invalid
Closed As
Wontfix
Closed As
Worksforme
coreos
criteria
defect
easyfix
enhancement
iot
meeting
meta
onboarding call
proventesters
retrospective
silverblue
sponsor
test cases
test days
wiki
ai-review-please
Backlog Status
Needs Review
Backlog Status
Ready
chore
documentation
points
01
points
02
points
03
points
05
points
08
points
13
pr2jira
Priority
Critical
Priority
High
Priority
Low
Priority
Medium
Sprint Status
Blocked
Sprint Status
Done
Sprint Status
In Progress
Sprint Status
Review
Sprint Status
To Do
Technical Debt
Work Item
Bug
Work Item
Epic
Work Item
Spike
Work Item
Task
Work Item
User Story
No project
No assignees
4 participants
Notifications
Due date
No due date set.
Blocks
#794 Anaconda Web UI - Test Days
quality/tickets
Reference
quality/tickets#764
Loading…
Add table
Add a link
Reference in a new issue
No description provided.
Delete branch "%!s()"
Deleting a branch is permanent. Although the deleted branch may continue to exist for a short time before it actually gets removed, it CANNOT be undone in most cases. Continue?
We should run a Test Day for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/AnacondaWebUIforFedoraWorkstation , which is slated for Fedora 40 (delayed from Fedora 39). Current F40 Workstation live images have the new installer workflow. We should particularly focus on the new design (available since 20240210.n.1 compose) where the 'custom partitioning' workflow is provided by Cockpit's storage module. See https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/3169 for more on that.
@jkonecny for co-ordination with anaconda team
Metadata Update from @sumantrom:
@jkonecny , can we please get a date for this? I suggest the 27th Feb through 05th of March if nobody has any suggestions.
the wiki is here : https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2024-02-XX_Anaconda_WebUI_for_Fedora_Workstation_by_default
I need to fix the date once that is fixed.. for test cases, I guess I will bring this up with QA OGs @adamwill and @kparal in the meeting now
Update: FESCo today decided to defer the Change to F41. So this is less vital than before. It may still be of use to anaconda team to have the event run, though, and we can do it with images built before the reversion happens. @jkonecny do you think we should go ahead with the event?
The magazine team and other teams are on hold ... if we still want this in 22nd, we gotta hurry up if not we can move it to 27th or later
It definitely doesn't need to be done in a hurry any more. A later date would be fine (probably better, so we can sort through the implications of the decision a bit).
Metadata Update from @adamwill:
Hi, sorry I'm catching up with everything.
It would be great to have this to find out feedback about the new solution. @adamwill when do you think will be reasonable date to do this?
sumantro is mostly in charge of the schedule these days, I was just letting him know there was no urgent need to rush this any more :) I would say we should try and find a spot that's nicely separate from f40 test days to let this one be a 'star', and also try not to conflict with any likely validation rushes for f40 beta/final.
@jkonecny , The slots are open, we can do this NOW (ie post june 5th) as part of Rawhide Test Days or we can do it do it post branch? if the changes are ready, we should do both :)
@jkonecny @adamwill , I know this has been pushed to out, but we can still do testing on whatever you guys have in Rawhide. You could also do a iso for the test day and then update the bits via a Copr. Please lemme know, how I can help!
Metadata Update from @sumantrom:
This happened in #794
Metadata Update from @kparal: